Last Updated: March 1, 2023
Welcome to the website of Scantrip Inc., a Delaware corporation ("Scantrip", "us", "we" or "our"). Your privacy and the security of your personal data are very important to us. We, therefore, collect and manage your personal data with the utmost care and take specific measures to keep them secure. Below, you will find the main information regarding our processing of your personal data in relation to your browsing on the website https://planetofhotels.com/en ("Website").
Scantrip, having its registered address at 919 North Market Street, Suite 950, Wilmington, DE 19801, is the party responsible for all data processing.
Collection and processing of personal data
In order to perform our service to provide you with the best service, get you the best deals and in order to book hotel rooms, we have to process your personal data. We only process personal data if we have a legal basis for doing so.
The categories of personal data that we collect and process when you browse or book a Hotel on the Website are as follows:
- Contact details for concluding a booking. We process your personal data which is necessary to conclude and execute your booking on the Website, such as your name and surname, e-mail address, telephone number and payment details.
- Contact details for creating an account. We process your personal data which is necessary to create an account on Scantrip, such as your name and surname, email, phone number, address and password. If you are a registered user, we store your personal data in order to automatically re-use it for your next booking. If you create an account using your Facebook or Google account, we will import your information from this third party.
- Personal data related to inquiries and requests. We process your name, e-mail address and inquiry of request, which you have submitted via the contact form on our Website in order to be able to manage your inquiry of request.
- Contact details for marketing activities. We process your e-mail address to send you commercial communications about our travel-related products and services if you have made a booking on our Website. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link included in each newsletter or other commercial communication. Furthermore, we may process your e-mail address and/or telephone number if you have specifically indicated that you would like to receive special deals.
- Location data. We may process information about your current geographical location when you use the Website on a mobile phone or other electronic devices. We may use such data for the purpose of suggesting hotels that are nearest to you at that time as well as personalizing your experience using our website.
- Browsing data. We may process the information on how you use our Website with the device you use to access our Website, such as device data, log data and other data about your usage of our Website.
Legal basis for processing
We only process your personal data in the presence of one of the legal requirements established by current legislation, and specifically:
- For the conclusion and execution of an agreement. We may process your personal data in order to complete the agreement to which you are a party or in order to take steps, at your request, prior to entering into an agreement. This legal basis legitimizes the processing of personal data that takes place in the following activities:
- Bookings. We use your personal data to complete and administer your online booking:
- We share relevant reservation details with the Hotel you have booked. Depending on the booking and the Hotel, the data we share can include your name and surname, e-mail address, telephone number and payment details, and any other info or preferences you specified when you made your booking.
- We may contact the Hotel if you have a question or request about your booking.
- In case the Hotel will process the payment for the booking, we will forward your credit card details to the booked Hotel for handling.
- We may provide the Hotel with your contact details in case of a dispute relating to the booking for the Hotel. This may include a copy of the reservation confirmation as proof that the booking was actually made.
- Creating an account. We use your personal data to create an account on Scantrip.
- Managing your inquiries. We use your personal data to manage your inquiries and requests which you have submitted via the contact form on our Website.
- Bookings. We use your personal data to complete and administer your online booking:
- For compliance with legal obligations. We may process your personal data if we are required to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation, such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a public body or law enforcement agency.
- For our legitimate interest. We process your personal data where it is in our legitimate interest to run a lawful business and to promote and innovate that business, as long it does not outweigh your interest, such as preventing fraud or criminal activities and marketing our services to existing customers to increase bookings.
- Based on your consent. In some cases, we will ask for your explicit consent to process your personal data and we will only process your personal data if you agree to us doing so. This legal basis legitimizes the processing of personal data that takes place in the following activities:
- Marketing activities. We only process your e-mail address and telephone number to send you special deals if you have given us your express consent.
- Analysis of your browsing data. We only process your browsing data to determine where your interests lie, if you have given us your express consent. With your browsing data, the content on our Website can be tailored to your needs, and an assessment can be made as to which services may be of interest to you.
Transfer to third parties
- Hotels - In order to complete your booking, we will share your relevant booking information with the Hotel in order to fulfill your booking, such as your name and surname, e-mail address, telephone number and payment details, requests, dispute related information, and any other info or preferences you specified when you made your booking.
- Competent law enforcement, regulatory or government bodies - We may share personal data with third-parties if we are obliged to do so pursuant to a statutory provision or a decision of the court or supervisory body, or if this is necessary in the interest of preventing, detecting or prosecuting criminal offences (such as fraud, fraud or scams).
We will never transfer your personal data to any third party for their own direct marketing use.
Cookies are small (text) files that are placed on your computer, tablet, smartphone or other electronic devices (collectively, the "Device") when you visit a web page.
Because a cookie is placed on your Device, your Device could be recognized and information can be collected. This information may include the IP address, data on surfing behavior, such as the first, previous and current visits, the specific web pages that you have visited, the way in which the website is navigated, the device that you use and your settings.
Cookies on our Website
Our Website uses various types of first-party cookies (organized and managed by Scantrip) and third-party cookies (organized and managed by third-parties based on their own privacy policies and not under control of Scantrip). Please find below a table explaining our cookies:
Type of cookie
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for a good layout of and navigation on the Website and to remember your choice for accepting or rejecting cookies. We do not share the data collected in this way with third parties, except for a possible obligation to do so.
Because functional cookies are necessary for the use of the Website, they may be placed without permission.
Analytical cookies record how visitors use our Website. This information is used to analyze the use of our Website, and to generate anonymous user statistics and reports. We use this knowledge to improve our marketing activities, as well as the quality, effectiveness and user-friendliness of our Website.
We use the Google Analytics service for this purpose. Through our website, Google Inc. (Google), as the provider of this service, places analytical cookies.
Third-party cookies are those that are placed by our trusted third-party companies. These cookies allow us to track your browsing behaviour on our Website and to determine where your interests lie. With this information, the content on our Website can be tailored to your needs and an assessment can be made as to which services may be of interest to you.
Third-parties that can place cookies on our Website may include, but are not limited to, the following:
We also use remarketing cookies from Google and Facebook which allow you to see our advertisements after visiting our Website when you continue to use the Internet. This is done by means of cookies stored in your browser, which are used to record and evaluate your usage behavior when visiting various websites.
We only place third-party advertising cookies on your Device if we have your permission.
With third party cookies, we do not have control of the information provided by the cookie and we do not have access to this data. This information is entirely controlled by third party cookies as described in the respective policy.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
We only place third-party tracking cookies on your Device if we have your permission.
We have taken technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data from loss, destruction, manipulation and unauthorized access. All of our employees and all persons involved in data processing are obliged to comply with the data protection laws and to handle personal data confidentiality. In the case of collection and processing of personal data, the information is transmitted in encrypted form to prevent misuse of the data by third parties. Our security measures are constantly being revised according to technological developments.
We draw your attention to the fact that data transmission over the internet (e.g. e-mail communication) may involve loopholes in security. It is not possible to protect such data completely from third-party access. We will, however, always process personal data in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
We store your personal data for a limited period of time which period differs depending on the type of activity that involves the processing of your personal data. After this limited period, your data will be permanently erased or otherwise rendered anonymous in an irreversible way. Your personal data is stored in compliance with the terms and criteria specified below:
- Booking data. We store your personal data for up to six months after the checkout date of your last booking with us. The billing data will be kept for ten years from the billing date.
- Account data. If you have created an account with Scantrip, we store your personal information as long as you:
- did not request us to delete your personal data or delete your account; or
- are active at least once every 24 months.
- Data related to your requests or questions. We store your personal data, including the contact details you enter in the email, for six months after your request is processed or your questions have been answered, in order to be able to help you easily when you come back to us on the same issue.
- Data used for commercial communications. We store your personal data for sending commercial communications until you exercise opposition by unsubscribing from the mailing list, or within two years after your last booking.
- Location data. We store your location data for the duration of use of the Website.
- Browsing data. We store your browsing data combined with other information from cookies for a maximum of six months.
Your personal data will be stored on our servers which are located in the European Economic Area.
Your privacy rights
You have the right to view and change the personal data that we have collected from you. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. In certain cases, you can also ask us to limit the processing of your personal data, erase your data, transfer your data to another data controller or have it deleted. If you wish to do any of these, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate that it concerns a personal data request.
Our representatives may ask you to verify your identity via email or a call; this is to protect your privacy. You will receive an overview of your data or a response to your request within one month of your request. We store this information until we are sure that you are satisfied with our response.
Right to make a complaint
You can submit a complaint about the processing of your personal data. If we do not meet your request for access, rectification, objection, restriction, erasure or transfer of your personal data, you can submit a complaint with the Data Protection Authority in your country.
If you are not happy with how the complaint is resolved, you can lodge an appeal with the courts.
This Private Policy and all necessary documents are written in English. Any translation of this document or any of its versions into languages other than English may be used for convenience only. In the event of any discrepancy between the English version and the version in any other language, the English version shall prevail.
1000 N. West Street Suite 1200, PMB # 5017,
Wilmington, Delaware 19801 USA