For many people, Canada is a cold country with maple syrup and hockey. But you should visit it once to let go of all of your prejudices and fall in love with its culture, people, and nature. The best way to discover its beauty is on a vehicle. If you don’t have your own, go ahead and book a rental car to make your trip as comfortable as possible.
Discover Vancouver on a Rental Car
The city has such an amount of attractions to see scattered all over its territory and suburbs, that it’s almost unreal to admire them without a rental car. There are plenty of hotels with parking opportunities and the vehicle delivery services.
If you are traveling to the town with a family or friends, a rental car is the most comfortable and efficient way of transportation. If you scared of the Canadian climate or traveling with a small child, don’t even hesitate to get a vehicle to move around.
Places to rent a car in Vancouver
The most convenient way to get a rental car is to pick it up at the Vancouver International Airport (YVR just after your arrival. There are some other locations in the city where you can choose and get it:
- 1st Avenue
- Marine Drive
- St George Street
- Broadway #101
We always recommend our clients to choose and book their rental car beforehand online to make sure their vacation or business trip goes smoothly.
The price for rental cars in Vancouver
The town has a variety of service providers to choose from. Hertz, EasyCar, Dollar, Europcar, and Budget are presented in the city and offer their car rental services for competitive prices.
The price for a rental car depends on the class and model of a vehicle. There autos that can satisfy any budget and taste, starting with 22 CAD per day and going as high as you are ready to pay for a luxury vehicle of the E+ class.
Best tourist attractions in Vancouver
Located on the coastline of the Pacific Ocean and surrounded by mountains, Vancouver is not only the biggest megalopolis and port in province but also the most picturesque one in Canada. It has a variety of beaches that are perfect locations for picnics and family days. Famous for its universities and skiing resorts, the megalopolis attracts more and more people every year.
You can just enjoy a walk around the center of the city, but in case you want something more, we prepared a list of the fascinating place you ought to visit:
- Vancouver Aquarium Marine Science Centre is the oldest aquarium in Canada that hosts over 50,000 species of animals, fish, birds, and amphibia. The real fun starts when are the inhabitants are getting their food and during the training sessions that happen every day. You can check the schedule on their website and customize your visit to it, but we would rather recommend spending there a whole day;
- Science World Museum is a fascinating exhibition that will delight both adults and kids. It consists of 6 galleries each devoted to a special theme. Throughout the day you shall see various educational performances depicting how technical and physical aspects of our life work. You won’t miss the building due to its unique exterior. It’s made in a shape of a circle, consisting of dozens of triangle windows, that is lit up beautifully at night;
- Capilano Suspension Bridge is located in the northern part of the city and is the longest one in Canada. It can be found in the Capilano park, where you can explore numerous trails, admire waterfalls and just enjoy the nature. The bridge is a perfect spot to see breathtaking views of the white snowy mountains tops, emerald forests and more. During the windy weather the construction seems to be shaking, but don’t worry, it’s fully safe;
- Harbour Centre Tower is a famous skyscraper 177 meters in height. You can go as high as 130 m on a rapid glass elevator up to the observation deck. From it, you shall enjoy a stunning panoramic view of Vancouver. Definitely, a climb worth taking.
What to see near Vancouver?
Due to its location, the town has a wide range of attractions and resorts nearby. The most efficient way to explore the majority of them is by a rental car. Wherever you look, there are parks, resorts, tiny mountain villages and breathtaking nature you want to capture in your memory. If you are planning to spend a day out of the city, we made a list of destinations you may want to see:
- Grouse Mountain located only in a 15 minutes drive from the center of the city is one of the most popular tourist destinations. The total height of it is 1251 m, but the main facilities are situated on the 275 m height. A special cable railway will lift you up to the observation deck. But the view from the wagon is already breathtaking. You shall see the most beautiful panorama of the city and the ocean. Here you can enjoy various winter kinds of sports like skiing, snowboarding, paragliding and more!
- Only 125 km from Vancouver you shall find a charming resort town called Whistler. It attracts over 2 million guests annually, offering the best alpine skiing and snowboarding in winter, and mountain biking and hiking. A village is a wonderful place, hiding between two mountains, with a wide range of cafes, bars, shops and vivid aprés nightlife. It’s a perfect getaway to spend a weekend with your family and friends;
- If you want to see a little bit of Britain in Canada, head to Victoria. It’s a stunning city located on Vancouver Island. You can easily get there by an auto and ferry to spend a marvelous day wandering down its streets with colonial architecture, visiting famous Butchart Gardens, sightseeing or watching whales. A perfect place to taste wine and tea with homemade buns.
Vancouver is a vivid and modern city with a rich history and stunning nature. Either you are wandering around the ancient district of Gastown or enjoying a day in the Stanley Park, there’s something so tempting and charming that would make you want to return. Plan your trip in advance to get the best offers on rental car and hotels.