Chicago is a city of strong winds, huge skyscrapers and contemporary pieces of art. Many tourists love just wandering around the city as the real masterpieces can be found right on its streets and squares. Chicago has a variety of dwelling opportunities which shall satisfy any tourist’s budget and taste. The most prestigious and popular hotels are located in the center of the city, in such districts as Loop and Near North. They are a perfect starting point for exploring the city and have a highly developed public transport. Loop is the chicest neighborhood, but the prices for accommodations here may be lower than in Near North. The thing is that the latest offers plenty of nightclubs, bars, and restaurants, which attract thousands of guests. It’s easy to book a hotel in Chicago even without leaving your home or calling anyone. With Planet of Hotels, you can compare the rates and availability and reserve the desired room in no time.
Best 5-star hotels in Chicago
We prepared a list of the most popular five-star hotels in Chicago which will impress you with their level of service and comfort:
- Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago is a fabulous 5-star site located in the business district of the city. It offers its guests a breathtaking view on Lake Michigan and the neighboring areas. The visitors will enjoy its splendid spa center, first-class restaurants, and amenities of the highest quality;
- Waldorf Astoria Chicago is a real example of style and elegance. This luxury hotel will show you a royal attitude and help to relax in a wonderful spa. There are plenty of museums and tourist destinations within an easy reach;
- The Langham Chicago has a wonderful location close to the Chicago River and Lake Michigan. Attentive personnel will make sure your stay is comfortable and refreshing. Here you can enjoy traditional American cuisine or spend a relaxing day in a spa;
- Four Seasons Chicago offers its clients rooms in a beautiful French vintage style. At the Allium restaurant facing Lake Michigan, you may order dishes of traditional American cuisine. A spa, gym, and a conference hall are also situated on the territory of the hotel;
- The Peninsula Chicago is situated right at the Magnificent Mile and is famous for its attention to detail. You’ll be delighted with a spacious room and its city view, the Asian style spa center, and a stunning restaurant.
Chicago Hotel Guide
The central districts of Chicago are the best options for booking a hotel. Here you shall find plenty of museums, concert halls, parks, and malls. These are the areas of luxurious 5-star hotels with fabulous suits, expensive restaurants and the highest level of services worth $500-850 per night.
If you don’t care about living next to a celebrity, Michelin-starred restaurants, spa centers, and a personal fitness trainer, then you’ll definitely enjoy staying at 4-star hotels in Chicago. The price for this kind of accommodation is around $250-400 a night. The most popular and frequently booked options are the three-star hotels at a fair price of around $100 per night. You shall actually find cheap hotels in Chicago in any of its neighborhoods. Modway, North Lincoln and the picturesque Lakeview are perfect choices for youth and couples with kids. In case you are in a search for something more exotic, consider booking a room in Chinatown. Chicago has variants matching all types of tourists. Even the prestige Loop and Near North have a few hotels and hostels with low prices. The cheapest places can be found within 10-15 km from the city center at a fair price of $55-90 a night.
Things to do in Chicago
Chicago has a wide range of tourist destinations. Even a week won’t be enough to see all of them. We prepared a short list of must-see places you can’t miss.
- The Willis Tower and the Skydeck Chicago is a perfect starting point when it’s your first time in Chicago. There’s no better way to get acquainted with the town than admiring it from the bird’s-eye view. Don’t forget to take a picture in the transparent glass balcony!
- The Navy Pier is another must-see with plenty of attractions, restaurants, and shops. Mind, that the attractions work only during warm seasons;
- The Millenium Park is a small but charming park with a variety of exciting locations. A picture with the famous “Cloud Gate” is a must!
- Art Institute of Chicago is a gigantic and mind-blowing art museum worth a full day of your time;
- Promontory Point is a man-made peninsula which is claimed to be the best location for a date. It has a splendid view of the central part of the city. It’s situated in Chicago's Burnham Park, close to Hyde Park.
How to Get to Chicago?
Chicago has two enormous airports and a couple of small ones. The O'Hare International Airport is the biggest air gate in Chicago and it supports international flights. The Midway International Airport has plenty of internal flights and works with such air carriers as Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and others.
OK, you have landed and now you need to get to your accommodation or the city center. What are your options? The taxi from the airport will cost you around $30-40 and take you about one hour, depending on the situations on the roads.
You may also take the train or a shuttle bus. But why not choose a subway? From the O’Hare Airport take the Blue Line, Washington, Monroe and Jackson stations, from the Midway - Orange Line, Randolph/Wabash, Madison/Wabash, Adams/Wabash stations.