New Orleans is one of the most popular, biggest and ancient cities in the United States. The biggest part of the town is situated below the sea level and is surrounded by the Gulf of Mexico, Lake Pontchartrain, and the Mississippi River. Can you imagine the diversity of beautiful parks and embankments? Besides marvelous green zones, there are plenty of attractions scattered throughout New Orleans. Tourists especially like exploring such areas as the French Quarter, the Central Business District, Faubourg Marigny, Warehouse Arts District, St. Charles Avenue and, the Audubon Park with the Zoo.
Hotels in New Orleans are situated in all the quarters of the town. There’s no difficulty in finding a perfect accommodation option with a convenient location and at a fair price. On our website, you may easily compare the rates and the availability, check previous guests’ reviews and photos.
New Orleans Hotel Guide
The majority of New Orleans hotels are concentrated in the central part of the city. The rooms have stunning views and there’s a wide range of cozy cafes, restaurants, and historic attractions.
The fashionable 5-star hotels in New Orleans are also situated next to the main tourist attractions and have excellent traffic interchange. But don’t think that it’s impossible to find budget accommodation opportunities in the central part of the city. There are plenty of cheap hotels in New Orleans located in small and cozy buildings.
Here’s the approximate price range for hotels in New Orleans:
- five-stars - $300-500;
- four-stars- $120-280;
- three-stars - $80-240;
- one- and two-stars - $45-200.
When you are booking a hotel in New Orleans online, be careful with the total price and the local taxes. It’s often not included in the cost.
Best 5-star hotels in New Orleans
The best five-star hotels in New Orleans are typically located in the very heart of the city, especially in the French Quarter.
Let’s review the most popular and frequently booked 5-star accommodations in New Orleans:
- The Roosevelt Hotel New Orleans - Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is situated only 15 minutes away from Jackson Square. This elegant place offers its guests a bar on the roof, spa center with a full specter of luxurious services and a fabulous restaurant with Italian cuisine. At nights, you can enjoy the live jazz performances in the Blue Room restaurant;
- The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans on Bourbon Street has a variety of restaurants and a stunning spa-center with over 100 unique procedures. The breakfast typically serves the dishes of the Caribbean and Cajun cuisines. In the Davenport Lounge bar, guests can enjoy cocktails and the five o’clock tea. Live jazz shows are hosted from Wednesday until Saturday;
- Windsor Court is an excellent choice for all the fans of the sophisticated food. Its restaurant is awarded the “Four Diamond” rating and serves traditional American cuisine. The Polo Lounge bar offers creative cocktails and live jazz music at nights. And if you want to enjoy the 5 o’clock tea with snacks, head to the Le Salon Lounge.
Cheap Hotels in New Orleans
Many tourists would like to attend this bright and ambiguous city, but the lack of money might play a key role in planning their trips. Fortunately, there’s a wide range of excellent cheap hotels in New Orleans, which are a great choice for those whose aim is to explore the city and attend various tours. They offer cozy rooms, delicious breakfasts and free access to the Internet so that you could share your emotions and impressions with your family and friends.
Here are some of the most popular budget options among travelers:
- Mardi Papa Apartments with a patio and fully-equipped kitchen are located 2.5 km away from the famous Bourbon Street. The apartment includes one bedroom, one bathroom, and a guest room;
- Hampton Inn New Orleans is located along the historic St. Charles Streetcar line, which makes it incredibly easy to reach the majority of the attractions. The French quarter with its cafes and antique shops can be reached in just a couple of minutes. Guests are offered a free tasty breakfast and a swimming pool in the backyard;
- Chez Palmiers B&B with a swimming pool is situated only 1 km away from the Saint Louis Cathedral. All the rooms have an air-conditioner, a flat-screen TV and a bathroom. Some rooms have a guest zone;
- Auberge Nouvelle Orleans Hostel is located next to the National WW II Museum. The hostel has a beautiful garden with everything you might need for a barbecue, a common kitchen and lounge room, a free parking lot, and a cloak chamber. Besides, there are plenty of active sports opportunities nearby the hostel;
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New Orleans Downtown has an ideal central location. It will take you no time to reach the St. Charles Streetcar line, St. Francis Assisi Church, the zoo or the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. All the rooms have a microwave and a fridge, and each morning a free Continental breakfast is being served.
How to Get to New Orleans?
New Orleans Louis Armstrong International Airport is situated in the suburbs of the city, Kenner. Moreover, there are some regional airports close to the town.
It will take you only $2 to get to the Central Business District from the airport by the Jefferson’s Transit bus. The bus stop is located on the top-level of the building.
A taxi to the French Quarter will cost you approximately $35 for two people and $15 for one passenger if you are traveling with a big company of friends. Some hotels offer a transfer which cost $20 for one person.
You can also consider renting a car if you want to discover the neighboring area of New Orleans. The price starts at $60 per day.