Are you looking for the American city with a perfect weather, then San Diego is a perfect destination for you. Winters are warm and the heat in summers is pretty bearable due to the level of humidity. Many Americans visit San Diego to enjoy the beach and the sun. The water in the Pacific Ocean is warm, the waves are excellent for surfing and the beaches are well-equipped for a comfortable leisure. San Diego hotels will make sure that your vacation is a real fairy-tale. You won’t have to worry about routine problems, and if anything happens, the attentive personnel will take care of that. All you have to do is to book a perfect hotel and enjoy your vacation.
San Diego Hotel Guide
San Diego hotels with central location are situated in a walking distance to the majority of city attractions. The prestige accommodation opportunities are represented with extraordinary 5-star institutions with a corresponding level of service. There’s also a wide range of excellent 4-star hotels such as Tower 23, Manchester Grand Hyatt or the Bristol. Either you want to stay in the very heart of the town or by the beach, there are plenty of options to choose from.
If you have an economy trip, you’ll be surprised by the number of cheap hotels in San Diego. They offer excellent comfort and attentive staff and are not trying to impress their guests with unnecessary luxury.
Each three-star hotel in San Diego has a spa center, a gym, and a swimming pool. Those located along the coastline have their private beaches with a variety of water attractions. Moreover, you’ll be delighted with a diversity of chic restaurants, cafes, and bars available to the guests.
The price varies depending on the location and the number of stars. With our service, you can easily compare the rates and availability, check previous guests’ reviews and photos, and choose a room to your liking.
Best 5-star hotels in San Diego
The best 5-star hotels in San Diego occupy unique ancient buildings dating back to the beginning of the XX century.
Here’s a list of the most popular luxury hotels in San Diego which guarantee an excellent level of service and comfort:
- Fairmont Grand Del Mar offers its guests 4 open swimming pools, tennis courts, 6 restaurants, a golf field, and a spa center. This site is located on the territory of the picturesque Los Penasquitos Canyon. All the guests can use a free transfer to some maritime towns and districts;
- Pendry San Diego is situated only 0,5 km from the center of the city. Here you can enjoy the full specter of luxury services and also play darts or rent a car. There are plenty of tourist destinations nearby and the airport is only 4 km away;
- The US Grant, a Luxury Collection Hotel, San Diego is an elegant historic hotel in the very heart of the town. It guarantees luxurious rooms, impeccable service, and comfort. The best attractions of the neighborhood are situated within a walking distance;
- Pantai Inn is a boutique hotel in La Jolla, the heart of California. The rooms are decorated in the Bali style with perfectly-equipped kitchens, fireplaces, and views on the Pacific Ocean;
- The Lodge at Torrey Pines offers its visitors an open swimming pool, a sanatory spa center, and restaurants. The reception works 24/7 and is always ready to satisfy your needs.
Fascinating Attractions in San Diego
San Diego is rich in cultural and natural attractions. We prepared a list of the most popular tourist destinations:
- Balboa Park is an enormous city park comprising almost 5 square kilometers. It has 15 various fascinating museums, many decorative elements, and long shadowy alleys. Here you may also attend the famous San Diego Zoo and the Old Globe Theatre;
- La Jolla is a scenic district north-west of San Diego. It’s an ideal getaway to enjoy a walk along the coastline, watch seals and sea-lions. One of the most popular places is the Children’s Pool, which is a rockery for fur seals and their cubs;
- The Sea World is a gigantic theme part with attractions, aquariums, and other marine entertainments. One of the most popular performances is the show of killer whales. There are over 20 various performances a day including other inhabitants of the Sea World.
- The USS Midway Museum exhibits the first American heavy aircraft carrier which can locate 136 airplanes on its board. All the visitors can attend the ship and explore its decks. Taking into account its size, be sure to devote at least 3 hours to this place.
How to Get to San Diego?
San Diego International Airport is situated only 5 km from the central business district of the city. The Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) connects the airport with the Downtown, America Station, Horton Plaza and other stations throughout the town. The buses stop at Terminals 1 and 2 every 15 minutes from 5 AM till 11.30 PM.
You can also take a taxi or get a rental car to make your trip as comfortable as possible.