San Francisco is one of the most beautiful cities in the USA. The weather in this region is wonderful all year round and attracts thousands of tourists. Many people come here to admire the mesmerizing Golden Gate Bridge, the unique Lombard Street with its numerous turns and curves, and hundreds of other fascinating places.
San Francisco has accommodation opportunities which can fit any budget and taste. Budget variants are located not in the very center of the city, but offer everything a tourist might need for a comfortable stay. The public transport in San Francisco is highly developed, so you won’t have any difficulties in reaching the desired attraction. Hotels in central districts of the city will definitely satisfy even the most sophisticated travelers with their excellent level of service and a variety of amenities.
San Francisco Hotel Guide
The most expensive and prestige 5-star hotels in San Francisco are located in the heart of the city. It’s needless to say about the luxury of the interior design in these places. The price for a double room at such types of hotels costs around $300-350 in a low season. Four-star variants are located not only in the center but have a highly developed infrastructure. Thus, in their territories, you shall find restaurants, bars, swimming pools, spa centers and gyms at lower rates. A price for a double room in 4-star hotels is about $150-335 per night.
Two- and three-star accommodations can be found in any district of the town, but the price is lower in the outskirts. Cheap hotels in San Francisco don’t necessarily have a pool or a chic restaurant but offer attractive rates around $80-200 a night.
And if you are in an economy car trip and don’t want to waste time and money on parking, try booking motels located 2-6 km away from the center of San Diego. You’ll be pleasantly surprised with the level of service and comfort.
Best 5-star hotels in San Francisco
Let’s review the most popular and frequently booked 5-star hotels in San Francisco:
- Taj Campton Place is historic and at the same time contemporary hotel with classical European style. It’s located next to Union Square. Guests can enjoy spa right in their rooms or dine at the Campton Place Restaurant which has 2 Michelin Stars. And if you want to work out, head to the 24/7 gym on the last floor of the building;
- The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco may use the amenities of the clubs’ floor where the food and beverages are being served throughout the day. If you need any assistance, just contact the concierge, and he will complete any of your requests;
- Four Seasons San Francisco is another 5-star hotel located close to Union Square and a wide range of shops, restaurants, and Yerba Buena Gardens. Guests may enjoy a spa center with a full specter of services or have a refreshing swim in a pool;
- Huntington Hotel is located in the Downtown of San Francisco and offers its guests a fabulous view of Grace Cathedral. Each room in Huntington has its own unique design and a panoramic city view. There are 4 big restaurants here, which serve modern American cuisine;
- Loews Regency San Francisco is located nearby the Chinatown quarter. Spacious rooms and suites are decorated in a classical luxurious style. Treat yourself to a royal attitude and order spa procedure right into your room.
Cheap Hotels in San Francisco
Don’t worry if you are traveling on a budget. There are plenty of excellent cheap hotels in San Francisco. Here are some of the most popular among travelers:
- Parker Guest House has its own parking lot and offers its customers cozy rooms with a guest zone. There’s free Wi-Fi on the territory of the accommodation and services of a concierge available;
- 1906 Mission is a marvelous example of a “bed&breakfast” type of hotel. It’s eco-friendly and offers its guest a continental breakfast and a free Wi-Fi in the common lounge room;
- Greystone Hotel at Union Square is an option on a European Style. Located only 4 quarters from the Powell Street subway station, it offers services of a valet and a concierge. There are cozy receptions every night at the lobby with wine and snacks by the fireplace;
- The Willows Inn is a “bed&breakfast” with a free Wi-Fi and a continental breakfast. This variant has a convenient location close to San Francisco City Hall;
- Monte Cristo is another “bed&breakfast” type in one of the oldest districts of San Francisco. Surrounded by a variety of restaurants and shops, it serves its customers a continental breakfast and gluten-free dishes.
How to Get to San Francisco?
San Francisco International Airport is located around 21 kilometers away from the center of the city. You can easily get from the airport in a subway. Mind, that it doesn’t work from 12 AM to 4 AM. In other time of the day, the train arrives every 20-30 minutes. This ride will take you approximately 40 minutes and cost $8.95.
Another variant is a bus which works 24/7 and stops at Terminal 1, 2 and International Arrivals. The ride costs $6.5 and it will take you about 50 minutes if there are no traffic jams. The taxi costs approximately $40-50, but if you don’t have plenty of luggage, the subway is quicker and less expensive.