Seattle has a splendid location between Puget Sound and Lake Washington which offers a wide range of activities like water skiing, yachting, cycling, exploring the trails and camping. Such a variety of leisure opportunities and a huge number of other tourist destinations make Seattle so popular among travelers. There are plenty of hotels in Seattle, so a tourist with any budget and taste can easily find and book either a luxurious suite or an economy hostel.
We recommend you to book a hotel in Seattle in advance as they are much in demand. With the service Planet of Hotels, you have a chance to compare the prices and availability, check previous guests’ feedback and photos, and reserve a room and pay on your arrival.
Seattle is a unique place as it has something special to offer any traveler. Here you shall find a diversity of fascinating museums and art galleries, beautiful parks, ancient cathedrals and churches, huge skyscrapers and natural destinations. We prepared a small list of attraction worth seeing during your stay:
- The famous Space Needle tower attracts tourists mainly due to its observation deck located on 159 m height. From here you can see not only a breathtaking city panorama, but also the Olympic Mountains, the Cascade Range, and Elliott Bay. And if you feel like dining, there’s the Sky City restaurant in the tower;
- The Pike Place Market is a famous spot in Seattle popular for its mind-blowing choice of products, souvenirs, and goods. It’s an excellent place to shop for seafood;
- The Columbia Center is the highest skyscraper in Seattle 285 meters in height. There’s an observation deck on the 73d floor, and if you go higher, you’ll find a variety of restaurants and bars;
- The Museum of Flight is the biggest museum devoted to aviation in the world. Kids and men would definitely enjoy its exponents! It exhibits the airplanes dating back to WWI and WWII which tourists have a chance to visit and even sit inside the cabin of the pilot. The ticket for adults costs $21 and kids under 4 years old are free to attend it.
Three-star Hotels in the center of Seattle
City sights attract thousands of tourists and the majority of them prefer staying in three-star hotels in Seattle. It’s an excellent combination of a fair price, central location, a comfortable room and a full spectrum of services.
The rooms and suites will delight you with their neatness, a flat-screen TV, an air conditioner, a spacious bathroom, a minibar, and high-quality furniture. Many accommodations have stunning views on the Seattle parks and architecture. Besides, you won’t have to worry about food in 3-star hotels as there are many cozy cafes and restaurants on the territory. The breakfast is typically included in the price, but you’d better always double-check that.
The most popular and highly rated three-star hotels in Seattle are:
- The Inn at El Gaucho;
- Staypineapple at The Maxwell Hotel;
- Staypineapple at Hotel FIVE.
Cheap Hotels in Seattle
Cheap hotels in Seattle have a friendly and hospitable personnel which do its best to ensure that the residents fully enjoy their stay and would like to come back. The staff shall help you organize city tours or rent a car, tell you about the main attractions and the upcoming cultural events.
One of such options is Georgetown Inn Seattle which is only around 4 km away from the city center. It’s a perfect variant for economy youth trips. The Baroness Hotel is another accommodation opportunity with a central location. It offers its residents a free parking lot, a cozy bar, a 24/7 reception, and food and beverages delivery right into your room. HI - Seattle at the American Hostel is an ideal choice for all the travelers who are limited in money and want to explore Seattle. It has convenient traffic interchange which makes it so easy to reach any of the tourist destinations throughout the city. The hostel has cozy and light private rooms as well as common rooms. There’s a common kitchen, a library, and guest room with a TV. The Green Tortoise Hostel Seattle is another budget variant which offers only a bed in a common room. And if you prefer staying in hotels more than in hostels and guest houses, consider booking the Inn at Virginia Mason. It’s a mini-hotel located within a 5-minute walk from the center of Seattle. It’s an excellent choice for a business or budget youth trips.
How to Get to Seattle from the Airport?
You can easily reach the center of Seattle using the following methods:
- Take the SkyBridge train from the fourth floor of the terminal. It’ll cost you only $2.75 to reach the Downtown and last up to 35-40 minutes. Such trains operate from 5 AM till 1 AM and arrive every 7-15 minutes;
- The 27/4 Metro Transit is another economy and fast way to reach Seattle. The price for a ride is only $2.5-3 and it lasts 30 minutes. It has only one disadvantage - the location of the bus stop. It will take you up to 10 minutes to reach from the terminal;
- If you do really appreciate comfort, consider ordering the Uber. It’s cheaper than the traditional taxi and will cost you around $25-40 to reach the Downtown;
- You can always rent a car in Seattle to make sure you don’t stick you any schedule and can move freely. There are plenty of car rental companies in the airport where you can order an auto right after your arrival.