Buta Airways was established on the basis of Azerbaijan Airlines and is its subsidiary. Buta Airways performed its first flight in 2017. The main transportation hub is Baku BAK International Airport named after Heydar Aliyev, from which charter and regular flights are operated to CIS, Russian Federation, Ukraine, Turkey, and Bulgaria.
Buta Airways Fleet
At the beginning of 2020, the air fleet consisted of 7 modernized airliners. The company pays special attention to a thorough technical inspection of the aircraft.
Travel Classes at Buta Airways
There is just one Economy Class service on the airline's flights. Economy Class fares are divided into three groups: Economy Class, Standard Class, and Economy Super Class. The fares are different in terms of usage:
- Economy Class: rates with maximum limits. A ticket is non-refundable and can not be exchanged, hand luggage and luggage are for an additional fee, the validity of the ticket does not exceed three months;
- Economy Standard: the ticket at this fare is valid for 12 months. You can return or change the travel date with a penalty. The price includes baggage up to 10 kg, but you will have to pay for the hand baggage;
- Economy Super Class: just like the Standard Economy, you can exchange your ticket within 12 months. The price includes one baggage item and carry-on luggage.
Passengers who wish to improve their stay during their journey can book extra comfort seats in front of the cabin or in the emergency row with more legroom for a fee.
Baggage and carry-on baggage in Buta Airways
The number of baggage items, carry-on baggage, and their weight depends on the fare applied. The weight of hand baggage that the passenger can take into the cabin is not limited; the sum of three measurements should not exceed 110 cm.
- Economy and Standard: a 25 euro fee is charged;
- Economy Super: carry-on baggage included in the ticket price.
- Economy: baggage is charged at a fee of 25 euros per piece;
- Economy Standard: one piece of up to 10 kg of main baggage allowance included in the price;
- Economy Super: one piece of baggage up to 23 kg free of charge.
Flight Check-in with Buta Airways
Check-in is available 24 hours before a departure. There is no fee for online check-in.
Menus on board of Buta Airways
The ticket price includes water and sandwiches. Hot menu, vegetarian, kosher, baby, and infant food can be ordered in advance or purchased on board during the trip. The fares and assortment are available on the airline's website.
Flying with children with Buta Airways
A 90% discount is available for infants aged 0 to 2 years. Babies travel in the arms of one of the parents. Children from 2 to 12 years old do not get a discount on tickets. Parents can order the children's menu at the time of booking or no later than 24 hours before a departure.
Loyalty Program at Buta Airways
Since Buta Airways is a subsidiary of Azerbaijan Airlines, Azal Miles' loyalty programs are automatically distributed to travelers of two air carriers. The accumulated miles can be used to upgrade the service class, increase the baggage allowance, and enable access to business lounges at the airport.
Address: 84 Nizami St, Baku 1000, Azerbaijan
Phone number: +994 124931414
IATA code: J2
Aircraft fleet: 7
Popular flights of Buta Airways airline
Popular Buta Airways flight destinations
You can buy a ticket for Buta Airways on our website by filling out the online form.
Buta Airways performs flights to 8 countries.
Buta Airways airplanes take passengers to many cities around the world, including Baku, and others.
You must immediately contact the baggage search service at the airport of arrival (LOST & FOUND / Passenger Service).
No, tickets at the airport are always more expensive. Online booking of flight tickets will help you save money because Planet of Hotels offers various discounts when buying tickets. Besides, using the Planet of Hotels system, you can search for tickets from among all airlines, thus getting the most favorable offer.